Many homes do not have enough space, leading to overstuffed closets and garages that are too full for the car. This is why many people make the wise choice to rent self storage units. These units allow them the space they need to store seasonal items and collections they cannot bear to part with. Though renting a storage unit can make life much easier, it is not always easy to find the right one to meet a person’s needs. Through these helpful tips, finding a unit will be easier than ever before.
- The first step in deciding on a unit is knowing what you plan on storing. Make a list of the items you need space for, including boxes, heirlooms, furniture, paperwork, clothing and automobiles. When speaking with storage unit companies, providing this information will allow them to let you know what type of units they can offer.
- Checking the sizes of units offered can be helpful in your search. Renting a space that is too large will be a waste of money while spaces that are too small will be a waste of time, leading you to need further storage options. Most companies will be glad to help a person choose the right size of unit so they can rest assured they will have the space they need.
- While not all units are climate-controlled, this is an important option to consider. Climate controlled units help to prevent damage to stored items by preventing mold and mildew growth and damage caused by temperature extremes.
- The location of a facility often determines its self storage pricing. Facilities that are located in busy downtown areas often require more expense than those located in rural areas.
- One of the most important steps in searching for self storage in Johannesburg is checking the security of the company. A secure company should be gated with strong locks. There should also be video surveillance and security guards monitoring the facility at all times.
- Reviewing the payment contract is crucial before renting any unit. Some companies have contracts that allow them to auction a renter’s belongings after they have missed a payment. Reading through the fine print and knowing the stipulations of the contract can help a person to avoid confusion.
If you are tired of your closets being overly filled and not having the room you need to store your items, consider renting a storage unit and getting rid of the excess clutter in your home. With the right unit, your belongings can be safely stored away.